If a student has a well-documented condition of severe dyslexia and dysgraphia, should the recommendations made in the psychoeducational evaluation for testing be used on the WJ III or any other achievement test?

I'm curious because on the WJ (we do it every year for our EOG as homeschoolers)math fluency brings his broad math score down significantly and his reading comprehension score would be much different if he'd had it read aloud. Also, anything that required written output isn't reflective of what he could knows because his dysgraphia is so severe.

The testing accommodations recommended in his eval are:
Extended Time
Audio Version
Large Font
Ability to circle answers in test booklet to be copied by teacher/proctor
Oral Exams

I think that is all the ones that apply to testing. If there is anything the psych may have missed, I'd appreciate if you'd share it. She said she'd be willing to add to the list if we encountered something she failed to mention.

The ACT people approved these accommodations after I went through sending in all his evals, OT notes, etc. so I feel like that validates them somewhat--just wondering if any of the psychoed tests allow exemption from timed sections, having the reading sections read aloud by the tester, and oral answers.

Thanks! I really appreciate any input.

Indy

Last edited by Indy; 12/15/10 05:04 PM.