I don't think anyone has ever made a black and white flow chart with all of the correct parenting decisions neatly outlined in black and white. I'm sure there's a market for one.
*note to self, stay off the computer after you've had late night coffee, it makes you too sarcastic
Anyway, Robinz. I've read a lot of ideas online since becoming a mother and one i'd like to share with you right now is that communities and families are naturally mixed-age. It's a different story at school in that everybody else in the class will be one age while your child is another. What kind of town do you live in? Is it a small one where the neighborhood kid's play outside togeather? That would help, I think, if age-based school wasn't the kid's only social interactions with other kids. Then they might feel more weird about it. I might be wrong, that's just the truth as I'm imagining it. smile And I still haven't read the Iowa acceleration scale which appears to be the definitive book of modern wisdom concerning grade acceleration.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar