Originally Posted by CAMom
We've gotten a bit of a "take it or leave it" attitude from them lately since they will be unaffected by the state takeover.
Ug! I hate to say it, but this doesn't seem like the hill you want to die on, although I don't think I would nescessarily comply with the request to stop ALEKS at home. It is working with your kid and the teacher isn't working with you. AR Math is a self-paced program, so that's good, but you can't rely on this teacher to use it well or actually teach him anything. Maybe a 'you do your thing at school and I'll do my thing at home' attitude is the best for now. I would expect some complaining at the begining of AR Math, and some polite questions to the teacher to be sure she is running it at top possible speed.

Bottom Line: It is your business what she does with your child at school, but it's not her business what you teach your child at home. As long as you are encouraging your child to behave in the classroom, you have fufilled you obligation. If the shoe were on the other foot, can you imagine asking a parent to stop an educational intervention at home that was working?

((shrugs))
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com