When my youngest was in K (age 6.5) he was tested for the gifted program at our public school. He was reading at a 4th grade level and comes from a family of "gifteds". As is the procedure at the school, he was pulled out of class one day and taken to a room for testing. WISC-IV was done. My son did not like the tester who is the school counselor. Testing results came back with a 117 IQ. We agreed to let time pass and thought nothing more of it. This fall he participated in NWEA MAP testing (second grade) and came back with raw scores of 208 for both math and communications, placing him in the 98% and causing him to be referred back for gifted testing. Under the district's policies he does not qualify for retesting because his WISC-IV is too low (less than 125). Can anyone help me understand how these two scores can be so far apart? This kid is not exposed to anything unusual other than a generally smart and active family environment. Looking for answers and considering retesting WISC-IV with someone else. Would that change anything?