Kriston, it doesn't have to be history oriented smile

We stopped at Clifton Mills(near Springfield, OH) today on our way home from a cattle show. We were very disappointed. We couldn't go around to see the water wheel, we could only see it from the car. Inside is set up like an old country store, only filled with gift shop type stuff. I didn't even see any freshly milled flours for sale. frown There were a number of old buildings to admire in the area. We drove through Xenia, Oh, on our way home. GS8 commented about how new the city looked compared to the surrounding areas. I thought that was very observant, and told him how Xenia had devastated 20(?) years ago by a number of tornadoes in one day; it definitely changed to look of the town.

A couple weeks ago we went to The National Museum of the United States Air Force(near Wright Patterson AFB near Dayton OH). That is definitely a place to go if you're interested in any kind of aviation.

That reminds me, one place I took our kids a number of years ago was the US Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL. This is great if your kids are into space & space travel. Check out their website,
US Space & Rocket Center

I may have to invest in season passes to the zoo, the ones that allow you to visit other zoos using those passes. I think it would be cool to make a goal of visiting a zoo in every state, or maybe a childrens museum in every state.