Sylvia, my D17 followed a similar path and by 7th grade it was really impacting her grades. I assumed it was just because she saw the mountains of homework assignments as pointless busywork (because they really were), so I didn't worry about it but now I wonder if other things may have been at play too. We had moved to a dreadful school district by then, so it may have well been a combination of things.

intparent, how do you work with your D15 to help with the "organizational disaster" issues? Have you found anything that works well? A relative told me her Son was using an iphone to take pictures of the board in class and it helped with making sure he wasn't missing things. I wish I had thought of that earlier.

I am trying to think now if the organizational issues have always been primarily school work related or all encompassing and everything that really stands out is school work related.

Originally Posted by Grinity
It's also sometimes hard for GT kids to take the teacher's perspective and figure out 'what the teacher wants' - maybe their own personal visions of the material are too compelling?

So true...my daughter has run into problems with this, how do you help them in this area?

Grinity, how did you get so wise? :-). I wish I had found this site a few years ago.