Thanks (and I really hope he isn't giving a "snot nosed kid" impression but I hear you on that point)! smile

What I worry about is that because he is kind of an uneven performer, he won't get the opportunities to do the advanced classes that he really wants to do. He is perfectly capable of doing that work, but I think they base those kinds of decisions purely on what they see - meaning failing to turn in assignments or getting a lousy grade on a test makes it look as if he's a kid who can barely keep up with the work he is tasked with now. I guess we'll just sit back and see what their impression is and then decide how to go forward!

Thanks for the advice smile

Originally Posted by master of none
I'd be strategic. If a teacher doesn't seem to realize your DS is capable, I'd let the test scores slip(or at least an interpretation) like I do with my 2e who is easily over looked. If the teacher leans toward the "snot nosed kid" impression, I'd avoid score dropping at all costs.

So, yes, I'd listen, and listen, and listen. This is how you get to know how a teacher works. And then say whatever will enhance your child in their eyes.