Originally Posted by trimom
My question is about my middle daughter who is three, and is just very different. And I don't know if it is because that is because she is a "normal" three year old and my others are decidedly not normal or if there is something wrong.

From the time my DS was about 3 months until he turned about 2 and a half I had major concerns because I thought that he was missing his developmental milestones, but in retrospect I was comparing him to his sister. Why didn't he talk before the ripe old age of 1? Why is he not at all interested in books, learning letters sounds, numbers.... on and on. I hauled him off to see the doctor, the speech pathologist only to find out that he was technically ahead, it was just that he was absolutely not like his sister. Last week he started to listen to books from cover to cover at 3!!!. Last night he asked me to read him The Wizard of Oz, a copy that had no illustrations. The other funny thing is that he pretends not to know certain things, like the names of colours. For the longest time I thought that he was colour blind, because, when asked about a particular colour he would always give the wrong name. But if he is describing something because he wants or needs it, amazingly he is completely accurate. And, his attention span up until recently was comparable to a fruit fly. Go figure...

As is often the case, I agree with all of the posts so far.

A.

Last edited by annaliisa; 10/25/10 10:25 PM.