Hello everyone! My son just turned 7 last week. I have worked with him on math and reading since he was about 2. He is in first grade, and easily reads at a third grade level. (He can pull off fourth grade books if he's really motivated - but his attention span wanes after 20 minutes or so). He's also doing 3 digit addition and subtraction (including "borrowing" numbers and such), and beginning multiplication. We also try to teach him about things that interest him - so far he has learned to recognize all the states on a map, all about the planets, and is working on learning about the presidents. But here's the problem - his math at school consists of counting dots, and they won't let him read above his grade level. He's in the gifted program, but that is only once a week for 40 minutes! What good does that do? Anyway, I'm looking at options for helping my son maximize his education. We have no decent private schools within an hour of here. Should I consider homeschooling? I'm concerned about his social development if I do that. Should I try to talk the school into allowing him to skip a grade? I've heard that often causes emotional issues for young children, so I don't know if that is a good option either. Any ideas, suggestions, or thoughts on this matter would be REALLY helpful, since I feel like there really is no good option for him! Thanks in advance for your help!!!