Check out an Agatha Christie book and read some of it to her. And then tell her that Agatha Christie had dysgraphia. Show her in concrete ways that it is possible to overcome the challenges to become her very best at what she chooses.

The ability to write well - whether it includes a pencil, a computer or a dictation machine - comes from imagination, not an ability to spell.

Elementary school focuses so much on mastering tools, but by the time she moves on to mid-school that changes. I'm very matter of fact with my 10 year old son with dysgraphia about how he does on spelling tests or writing. I make sure he understands that it is far more important to be responsible, do his best, and fill his little brain with all the knowledge it can hold than to be a good performing monkey (although he really likes the idea of being a performing monkey). smile

He's in the process of writing a screen play for a short film he's producing for the PTA Reflections project. Not a single line is error-free, and when he dictates it to me, it just flows. And I tell him that he can always find someone to spell for him, but the stories inside need to come out because they are his alone.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and try having her finger spell her words on sand paper. It's been like a miracle for my son. He's gone from solid F's to B's and C's on his tests and one unbelievable 100%.