No cable available here, so we don't get most of the shows mentioned.
A variety of PBS shows are watched in our house. A weekly favorite is Thomas the Tank Engine. GS8 has an extensive train collection and we have plans in the making to shoot our own TTT clips. smile Documentary's on PBS are favorites.
Adventures in Odyssey(?) and a couple others, shown on the 'Jesus channel', as he calls it.
"Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" is a family favorite.
Jeopardy, and another trivia contest show that he and grandpa watch together. I just stay around enough to tell them to behave themselves. crazy
And every night at 7 PM(the earliest the TV is turned on during the week), The Simpsons! Bad grandma blush , but he loves them.
And he's discovered sitcoms from the sixties. whistle New Years Eve we babysat GD7 & GD4 and of course we had GS8. GD4 had surgery earlier in the day and we couldn't go out, so I got Gilligans Island, season 3, from the library. We watched Gilligans Island for 5 hours! Sometimes you just have to be silly. laugh

P.S., thanks Wren for the recommendation for Ancient Civilizations. GS loves ancient history and I just checked our library and see they have them.

Last edited by OHGrandma; 02/13/08 07:09 AM. Reason: added P.S.