Just wanted to update on DD's situation in grade 1.

DD is in an "enriched" gifted program. Though not technically accelerated, the teacher does cluster and try and keep them challenged. We still wanted to make sure the math was accelerated for DD and signed up for CTY. I started making noises to the PTA in June when we knew DD was going to this school for grade 1. I told them about CTY and tried to promote it for any kid that wanted to do it, instead of pushing what I wanted for my kid. The president of the PTA went to the principal.

When school started, the principal called me in and asked about DD and CTY. Actually moved her to another teacher who she said might be able to accomodate DD better. The teacher has asked me to bring her the program so that DD can do that math instead of the curriculum. DD did the placement test and was midway through grqde 2, though based on the curriculum I see, she seems into grade 3 here.

So it went really well. Helps sometimes to push programs for all the "smart" kids instead of just pushing for your own.

Ren