Anyone experience this? Ds7 is going through some major separation anxiety lately. He's never been this way, EVER. He's usually the kid who runs off and forgets to say goodbye to me. Now, all of a sudden, he's crying and wanting to come home from my parents' house before he even reached their home. He had to take a picture of the two of us with him. I promised him he could call me at any time to talk or to come pick him up. I encouraged him to go and have a good time. He called me from the car saying, "I want to go to Papa's house, but I want you. I don't know what to do." So, I told him to just go and try to have fun and call if he needs me. He has always been just as comfortable with my parents as he is with dh and me.

This has been going on for about a month I think. I'd say the timing coincides with the increase of his Concerta from 27 mg to 36 mg. Other anxiety symptoms have not worsened, however.

When we go out to dinner, he has to be next to me, and he's been coming in to bed with me early in the morning lately. If I send him back to his room, he can't go to sleep, and then he's a mess all day.

His doctor has said he has anxiety (however, until now it has appeared to be related almost solely to perfectionism). He also has ADHD, and his counselor diagnosed "depressed mood". I'm sure it's all related somehow, but why separation anxiety, and why now?