My DS5 was one of those sensitive kids too. I also made the mistake of the IMAX dinosaur movie. ugh!

He liked Wall-E, although in one scene Eve shoots when she doesn't know who Wall-E is yet. That's it for that.
The movie "Cars" - his still favorite movie - was scary during the Frank the harvester/tractor-tipping scene. We fast-forwarded through that for a year; but the rest wasn't scary. "Stupid" and "moron" are used a few times though. We have explained that Frank the harvester was just protecting the tractors, and he gets it now; but we didn't force him to watch the scary parts. He'd run out of the room, say fast forward, and ask us to tell him when it was done.

There are a few Thomas full-length movies that he liked. You could try Bob the Builder dvd's.

We had tons of Backyardigan videos, Dora videos (although he didn't like the witch - but not because she was scary, but because she was mean). He was sensitive to this, but not scared.
He loved the Leafrog videos at 3. The Curious George movie was not scary, but they call the man with the yellow hat a "moron" or "idiot" or something once just after he gets his yellow clothes.

That's all I have for you. It will get better. Hugs!