Hi,

It might have been around 2 that we got DS several of the characters from the starfall "store" (They sell stuffed Gus the Duck, Zac the Rat, etc, click on the store button). That was a big hit smile

At 3.3 he is not still using many things from 2 but among them are the Starfall stuffed animals. Also a dollhouse (a "real" looking one bought used with bins of furniture and a family of bunnies I added). That was a wonderful kind of scaffold for helping him begin to contruct little pretend stories. Also some popup books that were more for older kids but in his interests, he was gentle with them from the start and a year plus later they are mostly intact and still looked at some. Still uses a large collapsible fabric tunnel.

I got a large set of big wood unit blocks from ebay around then and there was no interest then and none since either. And I did get a tricycle not too long after 2, but his gross motor ability (and interest level) is pretty low for his age, he now can make it go, but doesn't find it fun.

DS loves playdoh. At 2 was still sometimes putting things in his mouth and wasn't strong enough to do much with it, supervised though he still enjoyed it a awful lot. I'm glad I did let him play extensively with it then as these days he makes little playdoh worlds with recognizable creatures that I like to take photos of. At 2 it was something we more did together, mostly he'd tell me what to make and I'd make it, but that's okay too, it was another way for him to create his own simple pretend scenarios.

Polly