Greetings, all. I've been lurking for a few weeks and was hoping that some of the experienced members of this forum could help me out. I'm just starting down this path with my DD5 (almost 6) in K and would appreciate the benefits of your experiences.

I've not been able to find much info on the quirks and/or emphasis of the Slosson screen and was hoping some on this forum could share their experiences or insights.

For some history - after relatively gentle prodding and behavioral issues in class, the school agreed to screen DD5 for their gifted pull-out this year. They don't normally test or allow the pull-out for K, but I am aware that path was blazed last year by someone I work with whose DS is one year ahead of my DD.

They start with the Slosson as a screen and I'd like any info I can find about the pros and cons of this tool. Of course conducting the actual screen is not a priority as I signed the paperwork the first week of Jan and a follow-up call this week revealed they have not yet done it.

Thanks for any advice or information!

Prissy

Prissy