My DD advocated a grade skip in math all by herself last year. She went to her guidance counselor and that started the process. While her math teacher was not crazy about the idea, she noted that DD was a hard worker, came prepared and was a solid A student, which helped. I would make sure your DD does the same and makes a good impression on the teacher. If she is "rolling her eyes" then I don't think that the teacher will be as willing to work with her.

I would suggest that if she completes classroom work ahead of everyone else, she could take it to the teacher and ask if she could work ahead or work on harder problems from the book. Her teacher should be aware that she is not challenged, but if it's done in a polite way, it should not be a problem.

Another thing DDs teacher does this year is a pre-test and a post-test. Students who pass the pre-test will be able to work at a faster pace and go "deeper" than the students who are not familiar with the material. This could be a suggestion when you do meet with the teacher/school if they are concerned about gaps. DD also took the end of the year test before being skipped to the next math class to prove she knew all the material.

HTH!

Jen