After a phone call from the special ed teacher and a good discussion with my son's regular ed teacher, it was decided that pulling him out for services for his dysgraphia was becoming detrimental since he is now performing at grade level in the areas for which he was receiving services. He still struggles with specific challenges, but we have all decided it is best to attend to those in the classroom, and his teacher is game for making the needed accommodations. We will maintain the IEP, but my son will now begin tackling the same curriculum as the other students in reading and writing.

Last night at Curriculum Night, I found out just what a big deal it was for my son (who has never once complained about going to his pullouts).

The teacher said that when my 5th grader walked back into the classroom after finding out that he wouldn't need to be pulled out anymore, he announced to his classmates that he had "graduated" from special ed.

He said the entire class gave him a standing ovation.

He has never once complained about going to special ed pullouts, so I had no idea it would be that big of a deal to no longer go.

Just wanted to share a happy milestone.