Hi all!

My dear friend, with a HG+ son diagnosed with aspergers, sent me this email tonight. Rather than try to speak for herself - I thought I would post it below.

So ds7 had his first soccer practice. DH went. He said it was a disaster. He actually said it went fine until they did a game where people would win or lose. When ds7 lost, I guess he threw a major fit and he couldn't calm down. I did a little research tonight on aspergers and losing. Sounds like it might be common. Would you mind sending a question to your gifted forum if other 2e kids (on the autism spectrum or aspergers particulary) have problems losing in sports and what they've found helps!

If this is too much, don't worry about it. Thought some of your cyber friends may have some good advice!

On a personal note, while my own dd6 is not considered aspergers, her extreme emotional sensitivity makes her a terrible loser. It's something we are constantly working on with her. So maybe it's a gifted thing as well?

Anyone else with advice/thoughts? I will send my friend this link so she can ready any/all replies.