I had my DS7 tested with the WISC IV last week. We had some surprising results that I was hoping you all could help me understand. Here are his results:

Verbal Comp: 130
Perceptual Reasoning: 131
Working Memory: 129
Processing Speed: 83 (sub-scores of 6 for coding and 8 for symbol search)
Generalized Abilities Index: 134
Full Scale Score: 126

The psychologist's comments in the write up included: "The quality of his responses, especially to some of the most advanced and conceptually complex items, suggest that his scores may not reflect the full capacity of his intellectual abilities." And also, "[DS's] immediate rote sequential memory was developed almost to the normal level for adults."

In regard to the processing speed, he said, "[DS's] visuo-motor processing was slower than 92% of his same-aged peers on the test of encoding symbols... Even though he showed no obvious problems with grapho-motor control, his grapho-motor fluency was remarkably poor. He also displayed excessive extraneous motor movement during these tests."

During school last year, he got into trouble with the teacher most often during writing time (not staying on task, talking to other kids, etc.) and almost always chose to go to the bathroom at that time. So I'm guessing that this must be linked to the processing speed problem.

Has anyone else seen these kinds of scores? What do you make of them?