My kids will be going to a new school for gifted kids in a few weeks. It is 30 mins. away from home and a big change. The good news is the kids will be able to still do sports at the old school.

Well DS10 seems to be very ready for his new school. We visited a few times and he seems to have a great attitude. He is usually the more challenging one.

BUT, my always easy going daughter is not happy and keeps getting upset. I know in my heart she will be fine. She really knows how to adapt well. I'm trying to just be confident this is right for her and be empathetic. I offered to get her together with some new classmates and she declined. This is so not like her.

My son will take a 3 day computer class at this school with their students. I'm hoping somebody will have a sibling that we can get to know while we wait for him. If nothing else it will be a time for me to have fun one on one with her.

The mourning for her old school is so hard for me, but I'm trying not to show it. I guess it's ok it's hard. I just wish it wasn't. I just needed the vent. Any suggestions? Anybody else going thru this?

Last edited by onthegomom; 08/09/10 08:32 PM.