Our DS6 LOVES foreign language. Eats it up!

He's taking 2 GT enrichment courses on Sat.: French and Spanish, and he practics at home without my nagging him. Since he's liking that so much, I asked the French teacher for a tutor reference, and he gave me the number for his brother, who lives not far from us and has a day off that suits our schedule. I haven't called yet--Jan. was a VERY CRAZY month!--but I'm planning to arrange French lessons as soon as I can get my act together and do it.

If you can find a class or tutor, I think that's best for kids. They're such sponges. Plus they'll learn songs, poems, and other such aids to memory, or they'll use physical actions to cement the language kinesthetically. It's not as cheap as a computer program, but it's a much better way to learn.

I considered computer programs, but I decided I'd rather get him with a real teacher, so I haven't used any of the ones you've mentioned, though I looked at Muzzy and some free ones that I found on Google. I decided that I might use a program as support when he's far enough along in his language-learning, but I don't want this to be hs primary teaching source.

But that's just me! YMMV. Do what works for you!

Kriston