My son has been taking piano lessons since he was five. The sensory processing thing that causes his dysgraphia caused him to have trouble some days in piano, even when he did practice, but other days he did well without practice. It is very difficult to explain this to people but the piano teacher is a smart woman and she could see it for herself and she believed my son when he told her how much he practiced. My son told me that one of his problems was when he practiced past the time he started getting tired it was worse than if he didn't practice at all because he would practice it wrong and then he has the wrong motor memory or something like that. I asked about this on another message board and a woman with mild CP, who has similar motor issues and endurance issues, confirmed what my son said. He has to practice for shorter periods of time than other people.

Now my son wants to take guitar lessons. We found someone who says he can get him started, but I haven't figured out how to explain my son's mild hidden disability.