As staff or as a patient PoppaRex? :p
There but for the grace of God go I� Sometimes when you get immersed in emotionally draining situations the lines get blurred!

I am not sure throwing technology at the especially downtrodden would make much of a difference. I think at that stage they really need individualized attention, advocates and certainly lots of love. We had a foster child for 3 years and while she went from struggling to get a �C� to getting straight �As� by time she left - it was through sheer time spent at the kitchen table. Literally it took 3-4 hours a night for the full 3 years to get her where she needed to be. I can�t say a computer would have been welcome as it would have been a distraction.

But what you bring up is really something that I am trying to wrap my head around and discussed somewhat in the CBT thread. We, as a nation, built the interstate highway system that opened this country to become much of what it is today. It seems building a national educational system would do the same. Imagine any child able to access any level of education from wherever they are! Whether they get online from school or from home if homeschooled, or through the library in cases like you describe� well, it just makes sense to me.