I'm asking for a friend so hopefully someone will have good info! I'm not finding much more recently than 1987.

Back story: My friend's daughter received her scores on our district screening which was the SIT (Slosson Intelligence Test) I believe they used the primary version but I'm not sure. The form she got from the district only has a normative curve (85) percentile ranking (95) and IQ (127).

Our district requires a hard 130 for GT program entrance. I've encouraged her to do private testing, which our district will accept. Her daughter consistently scores in the 99.9th percentile on her NWEA MAP testing and is best friends with my DS. I'm a bit stunned that she didn't score higher!

So the question: She's desperate to have her daughter in the GT cluster because the two best teachers in 3rd and 4th grade in our school are there, the class is run far more creatively and more project based. Anybody know how the Slosson correlates with the WISC? Can you tell me more about the test and a rough guess whether or not it'll be worth the money to have her do the WISC instead?

Last edited by CAMom; 06/25/10 07:26 AM. Reason: spelling error