Thanks so much for the responses!! :-)

When we planned our move and signed a lease we did not even consider looking into these kind of programs for our DS when looking at school districts. I did not know they even had them until our last school sent home a letter about him being identified due to his olsat test scores and at that point we are already in the middle of the move. (I always thought DS had great potential- but doesn't every parent ;-) )

I am looking into all the rules and legislation for the rules and such. DS is on an IEP for speech and they have some really strict rules with responding and testing when parents request it- so hoping that I find something similar with this gifted stuff. What makes me the most angry is- they have 4 tiers for their gifted program (the center being tier 4) but are not wanting to consider him for any of them until after testing next year- then he would start in the 4th grade. If they would let us just apply for one of these programs I would have probably been happy to do that and then worry about the center next time. My husband thinks that they are just being lazy since the school year is closing up and they do not want to worry about extra work right now! We have found some phone #s of people we think can help at least honestly answer eligibility questions and more info on the gifted program as a whole.

Thanks