When an OT tested him a few years ago, he was having a good day and she said his handwriting was low normal. She said he needed sensory integration therapy for vestibular and proprioceptive issues. So we got six weeks of that before insurance stopped paying. Nothing for handwriting. We were told to use Handwriting without Tears. We did. Some things got better, but even the OT thought he had a visual problem that was causing some of his issues, but we had already taken him to a developmental optometrist and he said there was nothing more he could do for him.

His upper body strength was always better than lower body strength. He needs to work on core muscle strength. The physical therapist says dancing has helped him but he needs to do more and we can do it at home, but she didn't know if he would ever be able to lift dance partners. He can type 50 wpm but his hands cramp when he writes a lot. I think he could strengthen fingers even more if he practiced piano more. He really wants to learn to play guitar and I think I would rather spend money on something that will help him enjoy life a little more as well as strengthen muscles. I think music is really good for him.