Thanks everyone! Those are just the kinda comments I was looking for. We are skipping 3rd to go into 4th. I have to totally agree that I expect the comments to come from the age level parents as well. I am happy to hear that other kids got accel. when your child was successful as well. I have already been told that we have really paved the way for the future for many people (though as you all said... the process to get here has been LONG LONG LONG.) We prepared our proposal for months and waited til everything was the right time (grade wise, time wise, teacher wise... you name it.) Everyone in the current grade who knows my child makes comments to me like... what are you going to do... my child says your child is sooo smart blah blah blah. So... I don't think most will be shocked at who the child is but more so because they all assume a private school won't do it and that for it to be an option we would have had to leave and go public. I want to wait too because I am also a private person when it comes to this sorta thing to so I thought waiting would be the best thing.
So.... thank you again! Next week DC will be going up to the classroom with the kids she will be with next year and will spend all day of the whole week with them to shadow and get used to it (they are starting to transition for the following year because they have multiple teachers, lockers, etc.) Thanks again for your input!