A couple more afterthoughts:

Usborne also has a series called "Look, Puzzle, Learn"; the titles are things like The Big Bug Search, The Great Undersea Search, The Great World Tour, etc.

Stephen T. Johnson's "City by Numbers" and "Alphabet City" are two nice books where you have to find numbers or letters embedded in paintings. (ETA: There's a similar book, with black and white photos instead of paintings, called "A City ABC" by Zoran Milich, which was my favourite of these sorts of books.)

One of mine used to like Richard Scarry's "Cars and Trucks and Things that Go." There are a few recurring things you're meant to find on each page.

Nick Bryant and somebody or other whose name I forget have a series called "Spot What." They're very "I Spy"-ish.

Oh, "The Quiltmaker's Gift" has a big poster-ish illustration on the back of the dustjacket where you're meant to find all the quilt patterns mentioned in the book, I think (haven't read that one for a long time).

Not quite the same, but very nice, are the Mitsumasa Anno books--there are lots of titles, and while they are not really "seek and find" kind of books, there is a lot of detail to ponder in the illustrations (you might look at Anno's Counting Book, for instance).

Hope that helps!

mm

Last edited by minniemarx; 05/22/10 08:19 PM.