Suggest she visit the local "real" artshop a few times. That is the cluttered one where there are dusty old wierdnesses stacked up in corners, and the canvasses and boards are all stacked messily in slots that go up to the ceiling behind the big rolls of unstretched canvass. A good way to make that happen might be to give her a project for which she needs something obscure, and then phone around for a shop that has it. Once they hear a couple of good questions, they will probably start saying "oh, you'd like THIS" to her on a regular basis smile If she's really into photography, a local camera club would be great at that age, and you can go irregularly.

There's some good stuff here to draw from, and most of it applies to drawing and painting, not just photography: http://photoinf.com/

I'm less good on drawing and painting stuff, but if she wants a pen-pal, she can always write me wink (I'm serious, pm me if you want contact info.)

Yay, artsies!

(just noticed the "Germany" bit. My German certainly is NOT up to that. Buf if she speaks english, the offer stands, and maybe she could help me with my german ;))

Last edited by Michaela; 05/12/10 12:43 PM.

DS1: Hon, you already finished your homework
DS2: Quit it with the protesting already!