We visited a pediatric developmentalist that was recommended by the GDC and my ds was diagnosed as having NLD. One of the recommendations was that we have him assessed by an OT, and have IQ testing. We approached our district, and they did a thorough assessment by a psychologist, SLP, OT, and resource teacher (IQ testing). We just got the results and his scores were much higher than the independent testing we had done initially. I'm not sure if they actually have ruled out his LD however. If they don't show an LD, does this mean that he doesn't have NLD?

I was with him during all of the testing, and he REFUSED to guess on any answers. He also went through the test rapidly, which drove me a bit batty because if the answer wasn't on the tip of his tongue he refused to answer. If he had sat with the question for a moment, I know he would have come up with the answer but I sat in the background on my hands while biting my tongue.

The one thing that came up with two different assessors was that he needs to have his eye convergence issues looked at further. His convergence is around 8-10 inches (it should be 2), and when he's really concentrating he is working a few inches away from his paper.

The other suggestion was that his pragmatic language was quite low, but he is one sarcastic kid so I'm a bit flumoxed.

I don't know how to interpret his scores or even which ones to post. He took the WJ-III form B.

Last edited by Christen99; 05/06/10 02:05 PM.