Yesterday, DD9's teacher accused her of working too fast. This really upset DD, who told me that she's not trying to work fast at all. She just knows it already and finishes early. DD also told me that her teacher has repeatedly lectured the class on slowing down and not trying to be first, and DD always feels like it's directed at her. DD says she's tried to slow down, but she's still the first one done. She's not making mistakes or rushing, so I don't understand the problem, and I told DD not to change a thing. She's also a very well-behaved kid, so I'm sure her finishing early is not causing a problem in that way.

I think we're going to have to say something to the teacher. I hate to do this because I feel like I've been bugging her so much lately. Just yesterday I asked why they stopped ability grouping for reading (this really benefitted DD). We're also having issues with AR because DD is required to read 8-10 books this 9 weeks, but it takes her longer than a week to read a book on her level. Therefore, she's taking the easy route and reading 3rd grade level books in order to catch up. I'd rather her read half as many books as everyone else, as long as they were on her level (6.4).

I know I'm rambling here, but I just had to vent!