It has been a while since I have last been on here, but I do have some updates to bring. (These are pretty outdated test score drops, but I just remembered this site and thought I'd bring the questions here). You might remember DD14 who scored at 276 math, 242 Science, and 254 Reading in 7th grade (by the way, these scores were pretty consistent throughout 7th Grade) on the MAP test. Unfortunately, in her first 8th grade MAP tests (which, for some reason were taken in February), Math went down 1 point, Reading went up 1, and Science went from 242 to 226! I don't know what to think about this.. She mentioned that the teachers had all of the students set a goal for themselves on the test, and the teacher told her to set her goal for 250 because the score was already so phenomenal. (according to the teacher, 250 was the ceiling). Unfortunately, she missed that by quite a lot, and as you can imagine, she was quite disappointed by that score. (I don't blame her, with the teachers putting pressure like that) She has always been quite good at science- the teacher has given her permission to correct her in class if she gets something wrong. Personally, I think that if she can get the score back up next time she takes the test, then it will just be forgotten- but I can't think of how devastated DD will be if she *doesn't* get it back up.

Last edited by Bassetlover; 04/22/10 07:08 PM.