We don't have a Wii, but we did allow another console into our home. We've had it for 1 1/2 years, and we have very strict rules surrounding it. We only allow it for 1 hour every other week, and they have to earn that hour through chores. They do work hard to earn it, which I'm glad to see however I can't stand the behavior afterwards (and sometimes during!). We don't allow shooting games, and we don't allow violent games with fighting. We also don't allow them to play the games together because we have a 5 year age difference I know it would erupt because they have strong perfectionist personalities and I know if one does better than the other it would cause an issue. My 6 year old has issues with anything flying in the video game, because he's highly visual spatial and claims it's trying to get him. We just recently ditched Veggietales because it had flying objects, so he's down to a just driving, and snowboard games.

I have noticed some behavioral issues from both of them afterwards. My youngest will talk about the games incessantly for a few days afterwards.

I actually wish we had never gotten the console, and dh and I discussed getting rid of it today. Today was game day, and after each playing for an hour they spent the next 2 hours being grouchy towards each other and having short tempers.

I konw that games are popular, but they just haven't worked for us even with limits. We actually became tv free in January, and I have seen a huge difference in the kids since then.