hello to all,
Just in concise our background.........
My DS8, was advocated by his Kinderg Teacher to test him for Gifted(we tght he was just smart).Got tested, enrolled him in a self contained prgm , started with K-1 combo, no teacher 1st day, the year and exp was not good. Switched this year to a new Charter school(2nd yr for the school), the have Gifted prm(GATE), amazing teacher. his homerm teacher is excellent too! They has math olypiads, Odessey of Mind, she never stops any Child. DS8 is in 2 nd grade, finishing 5th grade Math end of this school Year( started Jan 10 ).
Now, due to not so gr8 relations with the School, The Gifted Teacher is moving to a diff school(30mim drive), Brand new start up(she is the 1 to start it this Fall), The principal has no idea about GT kids , has no bldg , no set up , nothing.
here comes the Qs... Finally....
She wants us to follow her to that school( we have 40% gifted kids in our current school).
My qs is Should we follow her? What guarantee that they will give her everything she needs(she herself has 2 highly profound kids, 1st grdrs)What if they are not on best of terms in 2 yrs, she is ready to home school her kids. what happens to us?
I know so many of you had many such obstacles , Please share ur wisdom? I am so confused.
MyDS8 loves is current school, we like it but his friends might leave. no one is certain........
Thanks to all of you for ur advice, help..........

(Sorry got longer then expected)

“The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.”
Sven Goran Eriksson