Looking for suggestions for DS7. He is grade skipped to 2nd grade and currently pre-testing for language arts and math lessons in his public school classroom. He always passes his pre-test and then sits with the teacher to set-up a learning contract of what he will do when the class is having those lessons.

Right now we are struggling with motivation and follow through. DS7 comes up with an idea--they set-up the contract--he does this for a few days then proclaims he is bored without ever finishing his project. The teacher is starting to become frustrated with him and thinks that she may have to just have him start joining the class for lessons since he will wander around the class when he is bored. Unfortunately DS7 has a tendancy to be disruptive or act out when not engaged.

DS7 is not an avid independent reader (although he can read anything) and he hates handwriting. He has previously wrote a fiction story, created a constellation book, and made a poster about animal blood types. None of these projects ever made it completion before he was ready to move on again.

I was hoping this group might be able to share some project ideas that may motivate him for the remainder of the school year. Next year DS7 will most likely skip to 4th grade in the same public school and I hope that some of the regular classroom work will be at least a little challenging for him since I don't really seem him being successful as an independent learner for another year.

Thanks everyone!

Crisc