I am considering asking for acceleration for DS7 so I've been reading everything I can on the subject. (Thanks for all the links on other similar posts.) The situation is little bit unusual so I'm going to describe it. DS7 is HG and has autism. He is currently in a regular public school, in the gifted 1st grade which does 2nd grade work. Everything is easy for him (except art and PE) and he finishes before the other kids in the class. He will be going to a public school for the gifted next year (it goes from grade 2 to 12) where he will be in 2nd grade doing 3rd grade work. He already does 3rd and 4th grade math at home and reads at least 6th grade level books. So academically, I feel justified requesting an acceleration to 3rd grade in the new school (where he will be doing 4th grade work) but I am hesitating because of his autism. He has had behavior problems recently in school...disrupting the class, shouting out answers, and throwing things...whereas before he would squirm in his seat, yet raise his hand to answer. He gets outside social skills for kids on the spectrum and has a new private OT working on his self regulation of behavior. I THINK (but obviously am not sure) that if he were more challenged in school that some of these outburst-y behaviors might resolve. His current school sees only his disability. We have a meeting set up with his new school in 3 weeks (which I hope will see his abilities since they are a school for the gifted...) and I am thinking about bringing up the acceleration. Am I crazy? Or justified? I guess it won't hurt to bring it up and present an argument. His social skills are poor of course but he actually does better with older kids. I'm seeking opinions please...:) Nan