Hi! I am hoping to find some help with decision making for my DS7, this may be a bit long... sorry.

A bit of background - DS's kindergarten and 1st grade teachers both requested he be tested as gifted. The GATE coordinator said no because he wasn't in 2nd grade. With our DS constantly complaining about being bored in school and getting mad about having to go when it is "so easy and I don't learn anything new" we decided to get him tested on our own. He tested as HG on the WISCIV, 99.9%ile for his age group. We went to his principal with the scores, she advocated for him and he was tested (haven't received those results).

His school doesn't have a GATE program and his teacher hasn't kept up her part of the bargain to help him be more challenged. DS complains daily and we are concerned that he will develop a huge dislike for school.
We are looking into private school - one is super-duper expensive but is specific to HG kids (waiting to hear if we get financial aid), the other is affordable, we are quite familiar with the school and have a relationship with the admin. Class size 1:10 teacher:student ratio, they will be able to individualize his work and pull out for math, reading, etc. as needed. He will be with his age group who are at various levels of learning and he already has friends there. The big question at last:

If we aren't able to get financial aid for the HG school, do you think the other school will be enough for him? Do HG kids do best with their peer group or will the school being flexible to meet his needs be enough?

Long post for a quick question... thank you in advance for your wisdom and advice.