Sigh...

I want to help kids in someway that are like how I used to be. In fact, I might be called a twice-exceptional adult because I grew out of screaming fits and bad social skills to adult mental illness.

I mostly want to see kids like this treated properly. As a kid, they tried sticking me in special ed part of the day and honors courses the other part. Special ed did nothing to teach me good skills, I would just sit there and do homework.

I tried to teach kids about nature, but well... it turned out that I wasn't good at teaching kids. I still have overemotionality and shutdowns and stuff and that happened in front of kids.

I don't even know for sure what illness I have, I had such a weird mix of some traits from ADHD, childhood bipolar and AS, though I'm BP as an adult and that could be it.

And on top of helping somehow, is there any support groups of adults that were emotionally disturbed or twice exceptional kids?

If you are wondering, I am now going into research science as an ornithologist, trying to be successful in life at least.

I might try to help parents on this forum, I came here in the past, but I forgot what I said then.

edit: Oh, I guess I registered but never said anything.

Last edited by Angnix; 03/10/10 10:21 AM.