Originally Posted by Dandy
Our DS8 has been using EPGY in the classroom as a full replacement for math since Dec. (He started the year using ALEKS.)

The school agreed to his using ALEKS when he passed the 4th Grade year-end assessment right after school started. He used ALEKS for 5th, passed the school's test and then started EPGY for 6th because we all felt it would better prepare him for the EPGY pre-algebra.

Dandy - how high up does ALEKS go? DS5 is using a computer program for his school now called "learning today" and it is really moving at the slowest pace ever. He gets so frustrated with the repetition and not being able to skip the repeated examples, etc. It still hasn't taught him anything in the math department to my knowledge. His school is in the process of assessing him for Math and all year have been giving him some random assignments that are between 4th-8th grade math material. So they are talking about what to do for next year. I have given them my opinions but not sure what they are doing as I have been told repeatedly that they are looking into "web based opportunities" and "telocommunication options." I am thinking (hopefully) that they may pick ALEKS due to financial aspects. They are also allowing him to use the singapore math workbooks in school that I bought him and the primary challenge math book. I am just wondering what they did with your DS for homework. One of the problems that we have now is that the teacher says that she does not have access to what DS is doing on the computer program so she does not give him the same kind of homework. She does give him advanced work, but just random assignments. It would be nice if homework built on what was being learned through EPGY or ALEKS. Does your school do this? How does it work?