Hi onthegomom,

Thanks for these great suggestions!!! I love the journal idea-DD can write or draw, and maybe we can even get her little brother (4yo) to join in.

Sorry, totally forgot to mention the age: DD is 6 and in kindergarten.

Writing is her weakest area by far. Developmentally, her little tiny fingers are just not great at holding writing instruments. (She is still wearing toddler size gloves.) But thanks to Grinity and Dottie (I believe), they mentioned the "crawl" pencil grip and the "dangling than flip over" method on one of the recent posts. So, things are a bit better.

Multiplication: I will take a look at the books you mentioned. Any thing fun will be soooooo much better than the worksheet, I totally agree. She is doing EPGY (thanks to melmichigan for heading the group). Even though she understood the concepts, she was getting so frustrated (and took forever to add eight 7's etc.). So, we offered her a multiplication table so she can move on to new and more interesting topics. Is this bad? confused But in order to advance in the "real world," she will need to have these facts down cold.

Thanks again for making great suggestions!!! It will keep me busy for a while....

Mag