Yeah WG - "too smart for our own good's" but I wouldn't trade it, yes?

Ania - I'm glad to know I'm not the only parent raising "one of thoses." As they say on SENG website - normal values training looks insulting to these kids, they do need education in values, but it has to be differentiated! Let me know when you figure that one out!

Hi Mary - I love hearing about Barbie! How is her touch typing going? I don't think she's too young for Mavis or "Read, write, type." I started DS10 at age 7, but it didn't click in until age 9 - still it opened so many doors for us. In the thread about "what would we do differently" I saw that I don't have any clue what I would have done differently if I had know, unless the OT early would have changed things. I probably would have had to quit work, leave DH, move back in with Mom and Dad and homeschooled - so I'm glad I don't have to face all that. Because I don't think acceleration would have worked for DS10 either, unless the school was very understanding, because of handwriting, and "maturity" issues. He wasn't even reading well until the end of first grade. ((Which is the only thing that saved him that year.))

I'll stop rambling now and try to find the earth -((smile))
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com