Update on CJ8. Saw Dr. Amend (amazing). Yes my son has tourettes and is gifted. What appears to be a stutter is really a vocal tic. After giving the origional diagnosis of tourettes there have been some dramatic changes at school. They are trying some of the accomedations from info I gave them and are doing their own research. He is getting things accomplished and showing his skills.

They were/are concerned about the independent project they are starting in the pull out program but we are going to continue to keep him in it. I talked with him about some of the things happening and he seems releaved to know its not his fault.

Trying to find out what is different for him but he says he just decided to do it.
Still may try tourettes meds for vocal stutter tic, it impedes him communicating ideas and feelings.

Dr. Amend gave me several ideas at the meeting and is keeping in contact with not only me but all the other parties as well. This may only be a positive moment that doesn't last but I'll take it. thanks for all your thoughts