My DD 3.5 is highly excitable, enthusiastic, creative, loud, boisterous, does not handle transitions very well, is extroverted, talks constantly and loudly, etc. She can sometimes explode with great intensity over small things, but does shake it off. She is obviously quite bright or we wouldn't be on this board, but has always seemed a bit behind with gross motor skills like climbing and riding a trike etc. She jumped with both feet very early and is slowly becoming more confident with slides and climbing etc. She likes to overeat, has no problems with textures, clothes, bathtime, noises etc. that I am aware of right now. SHE actually over stimulates me: she is like a carnival that doesn't shut down. She can concentrate and they are not suggesting ADHD

I took her to an OT for an eval and she said she may have difficulties with her vestibular and proprioreceptive senses and recommended weekly visits. She said those things could make her overly excitable.

The OT couldn't give her a formal diagnosis and I didn't want one. The cynical part of me worried it was like taking a car to the garage: they were going to find something wrong.

Her issues aren't that extreme: she sits quietly at storytime at the library and is doing OK as far as I know twice a week at preschool for three hours, but she often has trouble with impulse control at pick up time. She draws well and colors in the lines etc. Her clay sculpture is way ahead of agemates but this OT warned me that she may have a hidden fine motor problem--that made me think she was just looking for things wrong, but I think it is possible that she might be helped by this treatmemt. She sometimes plays explosively with toys: likes to toss them around, making huge messes, swing things wildly in the air, jump off the couch etc. She does play with figurines, puppets, animals, etc. and tells elaborate stories (with a very loud animated voice) so that is a little more contained, but still loud. She really never sits quietly and tinkers with somethings. She is good at puzzles, etc. but doesn't want to do them. She is a little quieter for coloring. I know some of this is normal, but she just has more more more more going on and it drains me and I worry about it pushing other parents / children away. Is this just immaturity or something more? I won't see an OT report for two months so I don't know what to make of things yet and am looking for any input.