I'm toying with the idea of finding a tester in our area who still does the Stanford-Binet L-M, just to get a better feel of where ds is ... I guess I'm still questioning the need for fighting the school for accommodation for ds5, as they've refused to do any accommodation for him outside of "his level" DRA reading group (which is a gross underestimate according to his WIAT GE). Has anyone here done the WPPSI or the WIAT, and gone on to do the SB L-M? Was it helpful for your dc/your planning? Worth the effort? How do I even find someone who will do it? We went to the only tester in our state listed on the Hoagies site to do the WPPSI and the WIAT; would she possibly be a resource to find someone who would do the SB L-M?

Also, since the school has refused accommodation for maths based on ds's MAP achievement testing (again, a gross underestimate in my opinion, and I'm 100% sure I'm right), I have a possible solution. Do you think the school would allow me to send enrichment sheets for ds to do during math time if he's finished the work provided? I've gotten the 1A Singapore Maths workbook, which ds could breeze through, and I'm perfectly willing to get him more as he finishes. If I provided those worksheets as enrichment during schooltime, do you think the school would go for it? Or do you think I'd be wasting my time? Has anyone had any experience sending their own enrichment material to school? I can't decide if this is a good idea or not a good idea at *all*. confused I'm perfectly happy to work with him at home on it, I just hate to have him be at school all day and then insist that he do more work when he gets home, and this seems like a good middle ground.

I am still planning on sending my "Move our kid up in math or else" letter in January, just after the break so it's not lost in a sea of mail for the principal. And I'm waiting with bated breath to hear back from Davidson, as we applied last month.

Thoughts? TIA!

Mia