My DS is 6 and in the first grade. He kept getting bad conduct reports and his teacher finally asked to meet with us. We went in and she said that he moves more than any child she had ever seen. He gets up from his desk, interrupts her when she�s teaching, blurts out the answers before she can finish the questions, etc. We agreed to investigate further and his teacher and I filled out questionnaires. The school social worker reviewed them with one of the school system�s psychologists and came back to us saying they felt he had ADHD-PI. She advised at that time that if we were able to increase his attentiveness to 80% she thought the teacher would recommend him for additional testing to get into the CLUE program at school because �he�s very bright.� I�ve always thought so but I�m not around many children and it didn�t occur to me that he was significantly different.

What would you do in this situation? I�ve been doing some research but I�m not sure where to go next. One of the websites I ran across suggested that if a child is diagnosed with ADHD-PI they should be tested for giftedness. I know there are several tests but I worry that if he finds them boring he won�t score well even if he knows the information.

Thanks in advance!