Hi all,

I've been doing K12 math with my 8 year old DS, and while he "kind of" likes it, it is clear that he really only enjoys the online aspects, and dislikes 1) the paper worksheets, and 2) me teaching him (I haven't really had to teach concepts yet much, but clearly wants to self-teach).

One of my concerns is that I don't want his knowledge to be "gappy" (it already is - he knows a lot of 6th grade concepts, but also has gaps in some lower grade knowledge - for example times tables), so I think I want him to follow some sort of actual curriculum or program - but ideally it would allow him to either test out of units in areas he already knows or at least let him move through the material quickly (we've been doing that with K12).

As background, he is in PS (not accelerated and no differentiation in math - we hope to change some of that at some point). Since it is in addition to school, I feel like he really needs to enjoy doing the math program.

So, any suggestions for math curriculums that are completely online and might be a good fit?

Thanks

Last edited by Catalana; 12/30/09 09:47 AM.