Hi,

I posted earlier with my DD8's Cogat scores 97th percentile verbal and 98th percentile quantitative.

She took the WISC-IV yesterday (both sections in one day!) and we were delighted and surprised with the results. Her GAI is 140 and her reading grade level was 8.7. I'll get the complete report next week, but this result puts her in the HG range, doesn't it? Two of the subtests had a 20 plus score!

Unfortunately her overall FSIQ was lower because of her low processing scores (which we already knew about) so we won't make DYS. What do you think? Should we take the EXPLORE test next year and submit with a portfolio?

If you're wondering about math, I have never given her any outside coaching or help in this area as it's not my area of strength. Her reasoning ability was two grade levels above 2nd grade, but her operations were only grade level. She is figuring out multiplication by herself, and also fractions.

But BEST of all, is that DD8 seems inspired by the results! She is trying much harder at piano today, and working on her math facts. She is starting to understand that her slow speed isn't because she's "dumb"; also that she has the assymmetrical profile, and needs to work harder at writing and operations.