Well, I am not sure it is the actual OT exercises kicking in yet, he has only gone a few times, but she has helped us with set up (he is a lefty and she has helped enlighten us re: things like slant boards and left handed notebooks - I feel kind of bad I hadn't thought of much of it myself).

One thing she has us do that I think is amazing and makes a huge difference - when he starts to get upset writing, he is to take a break and do certain exercises that activate certain brain connections (not sure what they are called - I still need to have our assessment meeting). After 5 minutes of that, it is incredible how he can settle down and focus, the writing is still a challenge, but he isn't bouncing all over from the frustration bubbling out. I knew that some physical activity sometimes helped, but other times made his focus worse - now it is clear that running around or playing soccer won't help, but certain other types of motions will (football hike motion). Really amazing stuff - and I look forward to having it help my son.