So does the speed of learning slow down, or does it usually continue at this point...in other words if a child is at this point 3 years ahead academically, will they typically stay 3 years ahead?

DD 2.8 will be 3 in March, but is not challenged by even Kindergartin material. She loves workbooks, actually asks for them as soon as she gets up in the morning and choses them over other activities. I bought her a full year K Curiculum book, nation standards, etc. I thought it would challenge her...boy was I wrong.....in 2 weeks she has done over half of the 300 page book and it has all been easy...none of it hase even come close to challenging her or being something she doesn't know. I've looked through the rest of the book and really I don't think but maybe one subject will be new and even that I doubt will be chalanging as she tends to hear something once and remembers it for good. I never have really taught her anything, she just picks it up and seems to know it.

So my question, one that came up when my mom and I were talking today, is it most likely she will continue at this speed? I feel like she will be doing 1st rade material by the time she turns 3. Will she typically continue to be working this many grade levels ahead or is there no way to tell?

While she as not been tested, She strongly feels Level 4 according to Dr. Ruff's book in milestones and sounds very similar to the case studies of level 4's.

DD6- DYS
Homeschooling on a remote island at the edge of the world.